Monsterful Partners, Inc.
RibeeVR & Play the Pros
Health & Safety Warnings
Important Safety Information – Read Before Instructing in Use
Please read the following warnings and information before instructing in the use of the RibeeVR and/or Play the Pros (“The Product”) and follow all product safety and operating instructions. Failure to do so may cause bodily injury, electric shock, fire, and other damage. The Health and Safety Warnings contained herein are provided for Buyers, Coaches, Instructors and Brand Ambassadors (“Instructors”) to understand how to operate and care for The Product safely, instruct in its use and provide a safe environment for end-users while optimizing their experience. The document is written in such a way as to be directed to the end-users to assist with Instructor presentation.
Ensure You Are Able to Safely Use the Product
Consult your doctor before using The Product if you have pre-existing serious medical conditions (such as a heart ailment), conditions that affect your ability to safely perform physical activities, psychiatric conditions (such as anxiety disorders or post-traumatic stress disorder), or if you are pregnant or elderly. Do not use The Product if you are sick, fatigued, under the influence of intoxicants/drugs, experience vertigo, have issues with standing balance, recurrent/chronic headaches, have suffered a traumatic brain injury, or are not feeling generally well. Do not use The Product while wearing high-heeled shoes.
Ensure the Area Around You is Safe for Use of the Product
While wearing the headset you are blind to the world around you. The image displayed in the headset will not match the real world. Always use The Product in a clear and safe area. Do not rely on Coaches, Instructors or The Product’s Brand Ambassadors for protection. Clear the play area of people, furniture, and other things that may be obstacles or block you from freely moving around. For example, if a person comes into the play area while you are using The Product, you are not likely to be aware of that person and could trip or hit the person with your bat while moving in the virtual reality environment.
It is recommended that The Product be used only while under the supervision of a Coach, Instructor or Brand Ambassador who is trained in the use of The Product and is on the alert to warn of hazards that may arise while The Product is in use. Examples of hazards that could arise include, but are not limited to, tangling of a cable in a manner that presents a tripping hazard, people entering the area where The Product is being used, and the user walking too close to a wall, an enclosure around the installation or another hazard.
Be Aware of the Cable and Connections
Keep the location of any cables and connections running from the headset in mind so that you are not likely to trip over or pull on them while moving around or walking around the area of play. Move your feet slowly and carefully to avoid tripping, including on the cable. Make sure to maintain good footing. Tripping over the cable or coming into contact with obstacles could cause injury or damage.
Take Precautions with the Controller/Baseball Bat
While using the hand controller/bat, always check that you have sufficient overhead and surrounding clearance to allow you to fully extend your arms outward and upwards. Hitting persons or objects may cause injury or damage. Hold the controller/bat firmly throughout your time in the cage – particularly while taking practice swings or swings in gameplay – and use any wrist straps if provided. If released while using, the controller/bat may cause injury or damage.
Like other products that produce visual effects (including light flashes), The Product may trigger epileptic seizures, seizures, fainting, or severe dizziness even in people who have no history of these conditions. If you have a previous history of epilepsy or seizures, loss of awareness, or other symptoms linked to an epileptic condition, consult your doctor before using The Product. To reduce the likelihood of a seizure do not use The Product if you are tired or in need of sleep.
Repetitive Stress Injuries
Operate The Product in a comfortable posture. Do not grip the bat too tightly. If you experience tingling, numbness, stiffness, throbbing, or other discomfort, immediately stop using The Product and consult your doctor. Physical and psychological effects of content viewed while using The Product can be intense, immersive, appear very life-like and may cause your brain and body to react accordingly. Certain types of content (e.g. violent, scary, emotional, or adrenaline-based content) could trigger increased heart rate, spikes in blood pressure, panic attacks, anxiety, PTSD, fainting, and other adverse effects. If you have a history of negative physical or psychological reactions to certain real life circumstances, avoid using The Product to view similar content.
Similarly, it is important to remember that simulated objects, such as people or walls, that may be encountered while using The Product do not exist in the real world, and injuries may result when interacting with those simulated objects as if they were real, for example, by attempting to sit down on a virtual chair.
Do not use the earphones at a high volume for prolonged periods of time, or permanent hearing loss may occur.
Radio Frequency Interference
The Product can emit radio waves that can interfere with the operation of nearby electronic devices. If you have a cardiac pacemaker or other implanted medical device, do not use The Product until you have consulted with your doctor or the manufacturer of your medical device. To minimize radio frequency interference, use only original manufacturer-approved accessories, or accessories that do not contain any metal. Use of non-original manufacturer-approved accessories may violate your local radio frequency exposure guidelines and should be avoided.
Prolonged, uninterrupted use of The Product should be avoided. It may negatively impact hand-eye coordination, balance, and/or result in other negative effects. While using The Product frequently and for prolonged periods of time, you may experience tiredness or soreness in your muscles, joints, or other body parts. Take regular breaks from using The Product. The length and frequency of necessary breaks may vary from person to person.
Stop Using If You Experience Any Discomfort
Stop using The Product and consult your doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Seizures, loss of awareness, convulsions, involuntary movements, dizziness, disorientation, nausea, lightheadedness, drowsiness, or fatigue;
- Eye pain or discomfort, eye strain, eye twitching, or vision abnormalities (such as altered, blurred, or double vision);
- Excessive sweating increased salivation, impaired sense of balance, impaired hand-eye coordination, or other symptoms similar to motion sickness.
Until fully recovered from these symptoms, do not drive, operate machinery, or take part in activities that may have potentially serious consequences. Before resuming use of The Product, make sure that it is properly configured. The type of content you were using may cause your symptoms. Continuing to use such content may make you prone to experiencing the same symptoms.
Use by Children
The Product was not designed to be used by small children (under 7). Do not leave The Product within the reach of young children or allow them to use or play with it. They could hurt themselves or others, or could accidentally damage The Product. The Product may contain small parts with sharp edges that may cause an injury or which could become detached and create a choking hazard for young children. Consult your doctor immediately if any parts of The Product or accessories are swallowed. If older children are permitted to use The Product, then adults should monitor them closely for any negative effects during and after their use of The Product. Do not allow older children to use The Product if negative effects are observed. Adults should also ensure that older children avoid prolonged use of The Product.
General Use and Maintenance Instructions
The Product is intended for use when supplied with power from the designated batteries or power supply units. Other usage may be dangerous and will invalidate any approval given to The Product.
Safety Precautions for Proper Grounding Installation
CAUTION: Connecting to improperly grounded equipment can result in electrical damage to The Product. The Product is equipped with cables for connecting with a desktop computer. Be sure your computer is properly grounded (earthed) before connecting The Product to the computer. The power supply cord of a desktop computer has an equipment-grounding conductor and a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an appropriate outlet that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances.
Safety Precautions for Power Supply Unit
- Use the correct external power source
- A product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the electrical ratings label. If you are not sure of the type of power source required, consult your authorized service provider or local power company. For a product that operates from battery power or other sources, refer to the operating instructions that are included with the product.
- The Product should be operated only with the following designated power supply unit(s).
- Vive headset AC adapter: HTC, Model TC NE18W-US, TC NE18W-EU, TC NE18W-UK, TCNE18W-AU.
- Vive controller AC adapter: HTC, Model TC NE5W-US TC NE5W-EU, TC NE5W-UK, TC NE5W-AU.
- Base stations AC adapter: HTC, Model TC NE30W-US, TC NE30W-EU, TC NE30W-UK, TC NE30W-AU.
- Handle battery packs carefully
- The product controller contains a lithium-ion polymer or lithium-ion battery. There is a risk of fire and burns if the battery pack is handled improperly.
- Vive controller WARNING: To reduce risk of fire or burns, do not disassemble, crush, puncture, short external contacts or circuits, expose to temperature above 60° C (140° F), or dispose of in fire or water. Recycle or dispose of used batteries according to the local regulations or reference guide supplied with your product.
- Do not expose to liquid.
- Keep batteries out of the reach of children.
- Avoid dropping The Product headset, controllers, baseball bat, or base stations. If dropped, especially on a hard surface, and the user suspects damage, take it to a service center for inspection.
- If the battery leaks
- Do not allow the leaking fluid to come in contact with skin or clothing. If already in contact, flush the affected area immediately with clean water and seek medical advice.
- Do not allow the leaking fluid to come in contact with eyes. If already in contact, DO NOT rub; rinse with clean water immediately and seek medical advice.
- Take extra precautions to keep a leaking battery away from fire, as there is a danger of ignition or explosion.
Protect The Product
- When installing base stations, avoid using unstable mounting accessories or surfaces that are prone to vibration, movement or chance of impact.
- A secure structure must support the weight or load of the base stations. • Do not install near a heater, fireplace, direct sunlight, air conditioning unit or other source of direct energy.
- Do not attempt to pry open the base stations as it could result in injury.
- Use only approved accessories and baseball bats of appropriate size and weight
- Do not connect with incompatible products or accessories.
- Do not attempt to disassemble The Product or its accessories.
- Use only qualified personnel to service or repair The Product and its accessories.
- Always treat The Product and its accessories with care and keep them in a clean, dry and dust-free place.
- Do not expose The Product or its accessories to open flames or lit smoking products.
- Do not drop, throw or try to bend The Product or its accessories.
- Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents, liquid cleansers or aerosols to clean The Product or its accessories.
- Do not paint The Product or its accessories.
- Store The Product and its accessories at temperatures between 0°C to 40°C
- Please check local regulations for disposal of electronic products
Damage Requiring Service
- Contact an authorized service technician or provider under the following conditions:
- The Product has been damaged by exposure to liquid, dropped, subject to impact or damaged.
- There are noticeable signs of overheating.
- The Product does not operate normally when you follow the operating instructions.
- Avoid hot areas. The Product should be placed away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other products (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Avoid using The Product after a dramatic change in temperature. When you move The Product between environments with very different temperature and/or humidity ranges, condensation may form on or within The Product. To avoid damaging The Product, allow sufficient time for the moisture to evaporate before using The Product. NOTICE: When taking The Product from low-temperature conditions into a warmer environment or from high-temperature conditions into a cooler environment, allow The Product to acclimate to room temperature before turning on power.
- Avoid pushing objects into The Product.
- Never push objects of any kind into cabinet slots or other openings in The Product. Slots and openings are provided for ventilation. These openings must not be blocked or covered.
- Adjust the volume.
- Turn down the volume before using headphones or other audio devices.
- Cleaning the product.
- Unplug The Product from its power source before cleaning. Use a damp cloth for cleaning, but NEVER use water to clean The Product. Clean and dry skin that regularly comes in contact with the headset. If there is any itching, eczema, swelling, irritation of the skin, or you experience any discomfort, please discontinue use and consult your physician.
Rules for the Facility While Product is in Use
- Always have a Coach, Instructor or Brand Ambassador ensuring safety of minor users and of adult users or spectators at public events. One experienced coach or instructor can ensure a safe environment during private instruction or gameplay.
- Do not allow users to swing the bat until a Coach, Instructor or Brand Ambassador instructs them that it is safe to do so.
- Do not permit anyone inside the batting area other than the person at bat when the game is running.
- Close or block the gates, netting or training area when there is someone swinging the bat .
- Have users enter and exit from different sides of the unit whenever possible, particularly at events where there is a line formed for those waiting to use The Product.
- Create a minimum of 8 feet of space from the user to the wall.
- Be careful not to hit the bat on the ground.
- Do not drop the headset.
- Do not move your feet in the cage other than to swing.
- Have the user centered in the cage before each swing.
- Clean the headset with antiseptic wipes before each use or use disposable individual use VR headset masks/liners to prevent cross contamination.
- Never cover the computers with anything that is not designed to ventilate airflow.